Thursday, January 12, 2012

Strangers, starting out on a journey

Well, you may not be on a journey, but I am. Here's the DL, if you know what I mean, and I think you do...

It has recently been brought to my attention that I am a fan of alcohol. Now, let's not think drunk or lush. Come on now, we're all classier than that... right? No, you're right. We're not. I find it enjoyable to go to dinner and pair wines and beers with my meal. (Think of it as a game!)   I like to test out the newest ales and martinis, and I've never been one to turn down a fru fru shot. Wine tastings are a gift from above (fact) and vodka should be prepared with water and lemon. Last year, at the age of 26, I shotgunned my first beer thanks to my wonderful boyfriend. I'm sure my mother would be proud! Ha!


Also brought to my attention, I'm overweight. I believe the realization really set in when my doctor said something along the lines of "Lana, you need to lose weight. Some people have good genes and high metabolism. You don't. Work out."

So, what to do? Easy. I'm going to document life. Of course getting healthy involves working out, but I think it should also be about having fun and realizing what makes you happy in life. This blog is going to be about my life. Simple as that. There will be posts about workouts, drink recipes, random facts, quotes, and pictures that I find entertaining. Whatever I'm in the mood for. This blog is to inspire me to be a better person, and to keep me on track. If it helps you along the way, that's fantastic! Maybe we can inspire each other :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment